Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Waiting...

Interviewed for job. Want job. Job people liked me. The whole thing hinges on whether the lady who is thinking of leaving makes the final decision to leave.

Argh! I'm dyin' over here!

It's so hard to find a position at a firm that does work you like, with attorneys you like, in a good location, family friendly, it's got all the markings of a place I would be happy at for a very long time. The lady who is "leaving" has been there a long time and was going somewhere else for a change of pace, as in a different area of law. But, she asked them if she could have an extra few days to maybe change her mind about leaving.

I interviewed there four months ago and they offered me a position, which I regretfully turned down. It was full time, I felt loyalty to my boss, I was exhausted after the February bar exam, all those kinds of things- basically it was just bad timing right then... But, I kept in touch with them and last week, I happened to send the attorney an e-mail mentioning I was job hunting.

So, really the interview was perfunctory. They said the only issue was they needed to discuss was money, and become certain the position was going to materialize.

So, now I'm waiting. I may have no nails left by the time I hear.

Please leave, please leave, please leave, please leave, please leave, please leave, please leave.....

please.....

LEAVE........

No comments: