Monday, July 21, 2008

Blue...

Still felt blah yesterday morning, so I went out and pulled weeds and worked in the garden and felt marginally better.

Thought about my situation. Realized that it's not the failing that bothers me as much as the explaining. Therefore, I hate going anywhere where I will see acquaintances who knew I was in law school.

Had to go to a baby shower for my husband's cousin on Saturday. I barely know his ginormous family, so I had to explain to all of them. Not only are baby showers exhausting, being forced to sit there with a bunch of people you don't know and make small talk, but I had to talk about how I am not a practicing lawyer, too.

I feel blue.

1 comment:

abbagirl said...

that's what always gets me blue, too. explaining/talking about it is always the hardest part. i've already prioritized how i'm going to be spending at least the next few years of my life, and the bar exam is not featured very high on the list . . . . but even so, it's still going to be very, very hard to talk about it.

but you know, you'll be fine, and i'll be fine. you'll be fine because you'll pass the next time you take it. and we'll be getting our just rewards. seriously, after all the suffering we've gone through, we're entitled to get what we finally deserve!! i firmly believe that. :)