Friday, July 25, 2008

Wow...

A friend of mine is having a serious issue with her significant other. Serious as in, "You have 30 days to get treatment for your addictions or get out of the house," serious.

Wow. She came over and I was baking cookies and scolding the kids for not being kind to each other and getting ready to go to the pool for the afternoon.

THAT got me out of my funk, 'cause my spouse is normal, works a good job, speaks nicely to me, loves our kids, cuts the grass on the weekends- the whole nine yards. And is not doing any weird stuff that is addictive.

She started telling me the whole story, and I just thought, man you have bad luck with men.

Which got me started thinking... I know several women who are intelligent, successful in their professional lives, fun to be around, and yet they consistently end up with men that have some kind of major, and I do mean major, flaw. Addicts, men who are such complete jerks that their social life becomes the man because their friends can't stand the guy, non-ambitious types who never seem to get it together... I don't know where they keep finding these men, because I also meet so many intelligent, successful men who are kind and interesting...

Baffling to me...

No comments: