Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Fun...

Things I like and will miss about my job....

1. Writing legal arguments. I love those. Can't wait to have the stupid license to do it all the time. Case in point: the Settlement Conference Statement I'm doing right now. This case has been entertaining as hell, and has completely changed at least twice now, as we discover people now in jail and who were in jail and not doing what we thought they were when the incident happened. I wish I could tell you more, because it's basically a trailer trash jamboree, with the characters straight out of Cops.

2. My office, with its two walls of windows and view of greenery. So calming and soothing. Sigh.

3. My boss, who really is nice, despite being a attorney. ;) (Just kidding. He really is nice.)

4. The paycheck. The amount doesn't even matter, it's just the getting one. After a few years as a mommy only, the paycheck definitely makes you feel valuable again.

2 comments:

abbagirl said...

it's a temporary separation, and you won't have to miss it for long. :) if the MPTs are the only thing you need to work on and improve . . . you'll be getting your own office with a spectacular view, writing all the legal arguments you want, and making even more bank than you were before. almost there!!!

WC law mom said...

I can't WAIT to make bank! I've found that money really takes the sting out of being poor....