Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Wine...

So, I just read an article that Constellation will be selling Gary Farrell. I hope this doesn't mean the demise of the brand... The article says it will be taken over by the guy from Beam (another giant corporation, but at least one that's from the Bay Area.)

Hmmm... hope he doesn't mess with my favorite wines.

But, they good news MAY be, that since Constellation was doing away with some of our favorites, like the GF Cabernet Sauvignon (my husband's single favorite wine) in an effort to streamline the brand to mainly Pinot Noirs, maybe this means there will be some expansion of the book. Oh, that would be FABULOUS! I can't imagine a GF offering that I would not enjoy. Or, I guess I should say Susan Reed, since she's firmly at the winemaker helm these days over there.

Also of note, I heard a rumor that Gary will be starting up a new boutique winery. Apparently the $16 million he made off selling the winery was not enough to keep him from wanting to make wine again. Although he sold his name, it's still GARY FARRELL, baby! Lucky us! I'll sign up for THAT wine club ASAP. Here's the Wine Spectator article.

Okay, enough screwing around. Back to contracts... Then maybe if I get my eleven points I can afford to go buy some deliciousness for myself.

No comments: