Friday, June 6, 2008

Ah...

So, I drank a glass of wine, ate dinner with my family, looked at my finances, and this is all doable.

Two weeks more here, but my boss is on vacation next week, so really one more week. Next week I can do some studying in between medical records and carrier reports, since there's really nothing else going on.

Then it's go time. So far, this is the study plan.

M-W-F a.m. session: study one PT. This entails doing a PT up to a good outline (+/- 1 hour). Then, get out the graded answers for that PT from baressays.com and analyze what makes a 65, 70, 75, and 80 answer. What needs to be included, what should be glossed over, you get the picture. My main problem is I keep chunking one PT. I think it's a combination of reasons: 1) the time limit. I'm used to doing a bunch of other things at work and being able to drop something and come back later after it has gelled a bit, and there's no time for that on the PT, and 2) I tend to make tactical decisions, as I would in real life. I suspect this is a no-no on the bar. Like with essays, you address everything, even stuff that really is dumb to go through, just so you show that you went through all that and dismissed it mentally. I tend to write a document and purposely leave out certain things because of who the client is, what the causes of action are, etc.

T-Th a.m. session: Two-three practice essays. I've done so many essays between the last two times of studying that my only goal is to keep my practice up. In order to make this quick to get through logistically, I will probably just work my way through the Cheat Sheets book, doing all of those. When those run out, I'll go through the more recent ones on baressays.com. I plan on using the daylights out of that site. I am a visual learner and the way I got ready for exams all through law school was to do my outline, and then procure old exams and take them, reading the sample answer from someone who got a good score. Luckily, my school made them available in the library, because that allowed me to see what the instructor thought was a good essay and how they preferred to have answers phrased. I'm certain it got me graduating with honors, when I might not have otherwise.

T-W-Th- F p.m. session: MBEs. And not taking lots and lots of questions, but going methodically through and reading the question one at a time and making a flashcard for the right reasoning for the correct answer. This takes a LOT of time, as I am already finding. But, I actually remember the question and the reason for it, unlike the past, where they get all muddled in my brain and I can't remember what I put last time or whether I got it right last time.

Mon p.m. session: a set of MBEs for practice. Probably 50 at a time. I have no problem with speed, so I'm not worried about that. Just want to get some practice in answering consecutively and in random subject order and check my percentages.

Saturdays I am doing my bar prep class over that I took in January.

So, we'll see. I just need eleven more points. Eleven. More. Points.

No comments: