Thursday, June 19, 2008

July...

Um, I will not be taking the bar in July.

Know why?
My dumb ass thought the deadline was July 3. I looked at the site a month ago and checked for specifically what the deadline was.

Nope. It was two days ago. And there are no exceptions. (That's the deadline to get a REFUND.)

So, now I have no studying to do.

Not sure yet if that's good or bad. Certainly a relief not to have to go do it again.

My friend N (who is waiting until Feb to re-take) said 1) this is my subconscious telling me I don't want to take it in July anyway, and 2) if I can't even read the f***ing application right, then I have no business taking the exam in my brain-fried state anyway.

She may have a point.

6 comments:

abbagirl said...

i have two reactions.

one is "OH NO!!" but only because i know that, by now, you've expended sooo much more effort than me in studying and have been going to bar review classes and such. ugh!

the other is "that's SO COOL!" but only because i don't really feel like taking the bar exam again, especially right about now . . . . :-T

but the way i see it is . . . .

you get to enjoy the summer vacation in all its entirety!!!

as a summer-lovin' girl, i say that nothing rocks more than that. :)

calbar blondie said...

I say this will work in your favor in February. Don't stop studying, just make it a long-ish study plan. I sure wish this were me; I would much rather put this off until Feb. but do not want to lose the money or momentum now...

Anonymous said...

O....M....G!!!!!

L said...

OMG, indeed!

CalBarNone said...

Dang. At least the paychecks continue to come in...

Emily said...

I think you made a wise decision (or a lucky mistake). I'm right there with you and enjoying the summer. It has been a while since I have had an enjoyable one.

I don't know if it has happenned to you yet, but it was such a FANTASTIC feeling to say yes to someone about last minute weekend plans. After I agreed, I wondered why I was so happy. Then I realized it was because for the first time in 5 or 6 years, on a random June weekend I didn't have summer school studying or bar study hanging over my head.

Good luck! I'll be right there with you in Feb (maybe).