Thursday, February 5, 2009

PR...

8 PR essays later... and I am tired. I see ethical violations EVERYWHERE.

Just sayin'.

Plus, I just disagree that it is proper in California for an attorney to have sex with his client as long as he or she reasonably believes that it will not interfere with their ability to represent the client.

I mean, how would you really know that? If they are good in bed, you'd certainly want to do better for them, but then there's the alternative.... if they suck in bed and do weird stuff that makes you think they are crazy or worse, then how could that NOT affect your representation of them?

These are the kind of thoughts that kept me from passing previously... back to rule, apply, conclude... much safer that way.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

PR is always on the bar...and it was my least favorite subject!
Did you redo July's PR exam?

WC law mom said...

Was that the one with the lawyer having sex with his client or the disbarred attorney? They all run together after a while. I did them all for the last 5 years... Since I didn't take it in July, that one was a nice new one for me. And PR was on last Feb TWICE! Unbelievable to me.

My problem with PR is getting a good outline that has a comparison between RPC and ABA. And the groups don't seem all that logical- it's just a collection of rules to master... I was thinking about it last night and decided I need to group by who the duty/rule is owed to to make it easier to compartmentalize for myself.