Wednesday, February 25, 2009

MBEs...

I'm glad that is over.

The morning was hard for me. Got done in the last five minutes. A lot of questions I knew the answer, sure, but some of them I just sat there and thought, "What the FUCK?!?"

I could not remember what attornment meant, even though I remember seeing it on my flashcards. Just lost that out of my brain. Don't remember if it was actually a viable correct answer, just that I remember going through my flashcards and seeing that term and thinking, "There's no friggin' way I have to know that. Next!"

And then it was there. Geez.

And that one that had the transactional immunity and the use and something else immunity? I got mad. I know you don't have a right to counsel for a grand jury, but what's with the types of immunity? That I did not know and I just got frustrated and pissed. So it took me longer this morning as a result. One good thing, being frustrated kept me from getting bored and I read every single question and every single answer and was able to rule out a lot of them, which is exactly what happened last year in the morning of MBEs. So, maybe that means I did about the same as last year on MBEs. That was a decent score, so that'd be fine. I saw that my last five questions were all B's and that made me all nervous, like I must have missed a couple of those because there's no way there are five B's in a ROW.... Ugh!

Afternoon... aahhhh. More defamation, evidence questions, crimes, easier con law questions. Again this year, there was a weird pseudo-wills question that irritated me. One had a bunch of civil procedure... That's not supposed to be on the MBE people! Give us a break!

Anyway, it's done. Tomorrow is more essays. I certainly hope that was the harder PT, so I'm looking forward to tomorrow's and getting the heck out of here.

2/3 of the way done, people!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay, congrats on being 2/3 done!

Anonymous said...

In Oregon we "only" have the two day exam, and you end up going home right after the MBEs. It massively sucked - so, so demoralizing. At least with the essays you have pages of writing (or typing) on them and you know you at least hit most of the issues, but the MBEs are such a crapshoot. Ugh. I don't envy you that last day, but at least you're not going home with the bad taste of MBEs in your mouth.

Good luck tomorrow!!! You're rocking it! :)

Daisy, Just Daisy said...

*GOOD LUCK*!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Tuesdays PT was whacked. Or maybe it was me.

Emily said...

I had like 4 or 5 Bs in a row in the very beginning of my harder session (and that was the one with the immunity crap). If it makes you feel any better. It had been bugging the crap out of me.

And yes, one was straight up wills and one was definitely more civil procedure focused. I think they probably want to add those subjects to the MBE at some point.

THere was a nice Ode to the Clinton presidency question, too. But that is all I will reveal so as not to be sued by the ncbx.

Anonymous said...

To the last poster, I wouldn't stress about having 4 or 5 of the same answer choice in a row. I a sequence like that at some point on the July exam and scored at least a scaled 145 on the MBE (I don't know my actual score because I passed but I do know that it met or exceeded the scaled 145 to get admitted without examination in MN). I wish all you February takers the all the best come May. Nobody should have to re-live that test!