Monday, February 23, 2009

Ah...

So, I got here, had trouble settling in and writing out approaches but finally found my groove...

Went to dinner with an acquaintance who is also taking the bar. Relaxed, talked about other things, all was good.

Got back here and had a small problem settling in, but got back to it pretty quickly. Once I started having issues with hand cramps and wanting to turn on the TV, I went down to the hotel bar and ordered a glass of wine and sipped slowly while writing out approaches. Discussed the establishment and free exercise clauses as well as the relative hardships of the bar exam vs. the series seven exam with drunk guy and his friend, then continued writing approaches.

Got through all approaches with about 85-90% accuracy without looking at my master ones. Felt good about that, and still feel good about the rainbow on the way here. Not sure why.

Now I am going to read my newest issue of Bon Appetit and Eating Well and enjoy some banal television... in the morning I will again listen to my super soothing nice lady who tells me how smart and amazing I am. Seriously, someone posted it on the Cal Bar Repeaters group and this lady is so soothing- I LOVE HER. No, really- I want to have this lady in my life every day I ever have to go into court. She's so nice. She's so soothing. She's so positive.... I wish I had her all through the FIRST bar prep. I woulda passed the first time with this lady, dammit.

Anyway, not focusing on the negative... we are focusing on the positive. I am actually happy to go tomorrow and take the test. I know that sounds weird and twisted, but I'm kind of excited, like I know this is my last chance to show the examiners what I know, so I just want to get to it already.

Ahhhh...... I don't know what happened to me this time, but the bar is so much nicer and better this time. (Geez, I must sound like I'm on crack or something...)

I'll post tomorrow and we'll see if my calm continues.

No comments: