Wednesday, August 27, 2008

UG...

Uh oh, I think Uptight Girl may have come to work today.

She only shows about once a week. The other days the girl is normal and nice and easy to deal with.

But I'm starting to see the signs that Uptight Girl is rearing her snippy head...

Pokes her head in my office. "Do you know the right way to cite to the Evidence Code?"

"Um, did you check the CA style manual?"

"Well, I used bluebook in law school." (read, snotty delivery)

"Oh, is it federal? I always use the style manual for California stuff. I think you abbreviate Evidence "Ev.""

"Well, I need it to be right. I just thought you might know the right way to do it. I need it to be right. It's for a demurrer."

Yeah, I usually like things to be wrong. It's just in my nature. I find that it's more fun to have to re-do things, so I like to live on the wild side and continually F things up. And my bosses have always really appreciated that.

Hey, why not just look it up instead of expecting me to be your personal style manual? That's all I'm saying....

No comments: