Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Annoyed...

Know why I'm up right now?

Because, for the second time in the last couple of months, I have been awakened at midnight or later by my 19 year old stepson.

A month or so ago it was him demanding money for gas.

At one o'clock in the morning.

No joke.

This time, I answer the phone half asleep and have him yelling in my ear, "I need to talk to my dad."

"Um, do you know what time it is?" I really didn't know what time it was, I was actually really wanting to know.

"Yes, I know what time it is, and I wouldn't be calling if it wasn't important!"

Excuse me, but I think if I was calling people in the middle of the night to ask for something, I might actually be somewhat polite about it. You know, start with, 'sorry I'm calling so late' or something along those lines... I'm just saying.

So I say to the hubby, "Hey why are people calling you in the middle of the night?"

"No people call me in the middle of the night!"

"Uh, yeah, people are calling (buddy)"

So, he gets on the phone and there is some exchange which I imagine was some lame story like last time, when it was that he didn't know what the emergency was, but he needed gas to get out to his girlfriend's house. Keep in mind that he drove about 30 miles to our house to demand gas money to get to the girlfriend's house, which he could have gotten to in probably 26 miles, but whatever...

So, a minute later, hubby gets off phone. So....?

He wanted a ride down to the JC campus to pick up his truck, because he was driving his girlfriend's car right now. Um, let's see, most of the lots at the JC close at night and there are security guards and he won't get a ticket with his parking pass, so what makes this an emergency of midnight proportions? No one is in jail, no one is in the hospital, so I think that qualifies as a reason NOT to be calling here at midnight. I'm just saying.

Then hubby gets all righteous, "Well, you do things for your kids when you're a parent."

Uh, huh, and sometimes the doing something for your kids is actually saying no, I will not do that because you didn't bother to plan ahead and you need to plan ahead. I don't think I need to get up at this time of night and make this failure to plan my emergency.

I'm. Just. Sayin'.

No comments: