Monday, November 16, 2009

Lawyering....

I have learned that being a lawyer means that most days no one is happy. Clients, especially plaintiffs, tend to require a lot of placating. This usually centers around a result/settlement not being good enough, their bill being too expensive, or not being able guarantee or give them absolutes on their situation.

Therefore, the clients who are kind, polite, and say thank you are so appreciated. And although I do it on pretty much every single file, I look for reasons to write down the time on those clients' files.

And that's about where I'm at today. Trying to be grateful for the delightful clients, and do what I can for the grouchy, unhappy ones without taking it personally that they seem to think I am not working enough in the way of miracles for them.

No comments: