Thursday, September 25, 2008

Boring...

I am sad to report that I am boring these days. Nothing exciting happening... nothing fun happening....

I will be going to Harvest Fair Awards Night on Saturday. That will be an evening of eating, drinking and general debauchery, but that is all.

I actually won something at the last shindig I went to. Every year there is the Taste of Sonoma County wine thingy that is basically an all day affair of all the best restaurants and wineries in Sonoma County out at McMurray Ranch (now owned by the Gallo's). No, I was not the glad winner of some great silent auction item, which by the way we were really irritated to find out the event now allows online advance bids, which means that some corporation or otherwise rich person got online and bid $400 for an item that was supposed to start at $50, thus making bidding completely useless. 90% of the items in the silent auction had only one bid. Where's the fun in THAT? WTF?

But I digress. Apparently in my semi-buzzed state I entered my information at the Buick booth and they picked my name as the winner for a Tiger Woods golf bag. Now, I'm not even sure what that is, and so when the lady called me from Buick a week later, I was simply disappointed to learn that I wasted some win karma on something I DIDN'T EVEN WANT IN THE FIRST PLACE.

However, a few days later, I was out to dinner and ran into an acquaintance of ours who we had seen at the event and when I said I won some random thing from Buick she said she had been hoping to win it to give to her boyfriend. Then she offered to buy it from me. We agreed I would happily take wine in trade (since her family is the Balletto's, whose wines I enjoy quite a bit, and quite often, I might add), so in the end, I was all happy about my win, and she was, too.

The thing came today in the mail, so I hauled the box in the house and it's now waiting for L to come and take it away and leave a bottle or two of lovely pinot noir or zinfandel in its place.

Ah, so things have a way of working themselves out, I suppose.

No comments: