Saturday, May 30, 2009

The List...

So, I figure since I just turned the big 3-5 on Wednesday, it might be good to check and see how I did on the list...

Things to do before I turn 35 (next May 27)
#1. pass stupid bar exam
#2. have garage sale
#3. learn to cook fabulous ribs
#4. lose 30 pounds
#5. compete in a cooking contest
#6. learn to play guitar
#7. get a great haircut
#8. change someone's life
#9. bake bread from scratch
#10. master every sauce in James Peterson's Sauces

So, how did I did?
bar exam: check!
garage sale: check! (I made over $700!)
ribs: check! (yum, yum)
30 pounds: oh HELL no, but I also care way, way less than I did last summer. I would like to put that on the new list in the form of "get in good physical shape" rather than a weight loss goal, for turning 36.
cooking contest: check! (Two, actually.)
guitar: well, no... maybe this year...
haircut: check! (although now I need a good color)
someone's life:... um, check? One of my employees hated her former boss and was miserable, and now loves us and her new job, so does that qualify? I'm guessing yes.
bread: semi-check. I made croissants. Is that technically bread?
sauces: half,check. I got some, but not all. Definitely all the good basic ones: cream, red wine, au jus, etc.

So, I didn't get them all. I was sorely lacking on the creative front. I think is was simply a matter of no time for cooking and hobbies, what with starting a new law firm and all. Both me and my husband were working some 70-100 hours a week for a couple of months there in between the bar and the beginning of May. Phew!

But, I managed to snag one on my list for before I turn 40...
#10. have at least one employee

Actually, I have managed two employees... so, I figure I get some extra credit for that to compensate for the ones I lagged on for 35.

List for 36?
hmmm... let me think about it and get back to you. I'm tired from the 35 list still. ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy that you passed!!